Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vacation Mini Books

I adore putting together mini books.  If you're thinking about starting to scrap, I would highly recommend trying a mini book first.  Today I'm sharing one of two books I did for the same vacation.  I made one for myself and one for Bubbalouie.  I still have both... I couldn't part with either of them!  Today I'll cover the first book. :-)

 Zach & I went on a week long trip through New England.  Zach was living in Boston at the time and I had an opportunity to stay in the area for a month.  Boston is an amazing town.  I loved being able to explore that city and see Zach almost every day.  Zach enjoyed Mom taking him out to dinner, movies, shopping.  All the things he had missed the most when he moved away.  We had a ton of fun.

The first minibook was a simple square shaped 5 pages of chipboard.
 I used Jenny Bowlin lettering, Basic Gray Office tabs, and other goodies.  I sized and cut the paper to fully cover the chipboard.  I then 'roughed it up' along the edges to give it a rustic feel.  I also used some Basic Gray Bloomers on the bottom right side of the page by the fun canvas tag.



 Lunch at FINZ in Salem Mass. This cod is the best I've ever tasted.  I had no idea what a cute town Salem would be.  Its a beautiful town to walk around and explore.  I added some K&Company embellishments to this fun foodie page



 I love the canvas flowers (Jolee's) and the crocheted flowers (Websters Pages).  I added a Prima flower and a Making Memories gem on top of the crocheted flower.



 Zach was cracking me up in this one.  Here we're in Portland Maine, a super cute and funky town.  I added a snapshot of the market prices for the seafood.  It will be interesting to look back at this years from now and compare the prices.  I'm in love with using tags on my projects as you can clearly see in this shot.

I love how this little fishy charm paired up with the epoxy stickers looked together. 



 Next stop, York Beach Maine.  We lucked into a ridiculously awesome hotel room.  This is the first floor of the room we stayed in that night.  We were steps away from the beach.  On this page I went crazy with bling.
 On this cluster of embellishments I used a silver glitter tag frame, sliver key charm, vintage button and a Jenni Bowlin chipboard button with green ribbon.




 Mini books are super easy and fun to make.  They're chunky and grab the eye.  I sit them on bookcases around the house for anyone to check out.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~K






No comments:

Post a Comment