Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Not Your Traditional Christmas Tags

Use It Tuesday has a really fun challenge going on... I had to dig through and find stamps I've never used before in a project.  (I have far too many unused stamps!)  Couple the challenge with Christmas being just around the corner and this is what I came up with.



I thought it would be super fun to use non traditional colors on Christmas tags.  I decided to use some of the bracket stamps from Inkadinkado that I hadn't even opened up yet.  I'm going to be honest say the one thing I am least comfortable with with scrapping is using stamps.  I see these AMAZING stamping projects from so many people on blogs.  Its really an art.  So this challenge made me go outside of my comfort zone, but that's just fine with me.  Instead of stamping with ink, I wanted to use embossing powder to give some dimension and shine.


I dug through my older paper stacks and found a nice roughed up paper from My Mind's Eye Academy series.  This is actually a series of paper all about school days.  It was perfect for this project.  I cut out the tags and used a hole punch in the top of each.


Then I went through my big box of fun stickers and found a whole page of Crate Paper Christmas/Winter stickers in fun colors.  I also popped a Jenni Bolin star sticker on each tag to accent.  The embossing on the brackets for the 'joyful' tag was a little scattered, but I actually loved that way that looked and decided to keep it.




After embossing with the stamps and adding the stickers, I added in some thick brown thread and brown half pearls to add some more dimension and texture.  I topped it off with glitter ribbon for the top of the tag.  Viola!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~K

1 comment:

  1. These tags are really pretty. I'm glad you've used things from your stash :) Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete